If you need to make a complaint
All members of the West Midlands Institute of Psychotherapy (WMIP) are bound by the complaints procedures of their national registering bodies.
A complaint against a registered psychotherapist who is a member of WMIP can be taken directly to the member's registering body, which will be one of those listed below. In the event of a complaint against a student member of one of WMIP's psychotherapy trainings then, depending on the circumstances, either WMIP will deal with the matter or the complaint will be directed to the organisation with which the trainee is registered.
In all instances as a preliminary WMIP's chair of the ethics committee is available to discuss the issue and may be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
- British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
- British Psychoanalytic Council (BPC)
- The British Psychological Society (BPS)
- UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP)
- West Midlands Institute of Psychotherapy (WMIP)