The aim of this Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Statement is to communicate the commitment of the Trustees and Staff of The West Midlands Institute of Psychotherapy to the promotion of equality, diversity and inclusion across all of its activities.
The West Midlands Institute of Psychotherapy operates as a member Institution and a charity in line with all current legislation (and all associated amendments).
It is our policy to provide an inclusive environment to all, irrespective of:
- Gender or gender reassignment
- Marital or civil partnership status
- Pregnancy, maternity or parental status
- Race (including colour, caste, nationality, ethnic or national origin)
- Religion or belief
- Sexual orientation
We are fundamentally opposed to all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination including direct and/or indirect discrimination, harassment and victimisation.
This equal opportunities policy will be implemented across all aspects of the organisation’s work, including:
- the appointment of members to its Board of Trustees
- the appointment of members and their conditions of membership
- the selection and treatment of volunteers
- all dealings with the public and service users
Intrinsic to our charitable purpose is the underpinning ideal that the promotion and advancement of the study and research into all matters relating to psychotherapy, and the dissemination of the useful results of any such study and research, is for the benefit of the public.